Criminal Defense Attorneys in Ypsilanti, Michigan
Have you or a loved one been charged with a criminal offense in southern Michigan? At Collis, Griffor & Hendra, our dedicated defense attorneys have over 30 years’ combined experience defending the legal rights of those accused of a crime. When your future, your freedom, and your ability to support your family are on the line, you want the best legal defense available. The criminal defense attorneys at Collis, Griffor & Hendra work diligently to investigate all aspects of the case against you and aggressively represent your interests in court. We strive daily to ensure your rights are upheld and are dedicated to obtaining the best possible outcome for you and your case. For a criminal defense attorney when you need it most, contact Collis, Griffor & Hendra today.
Defending Your Rights And Liberties
In essence, criminal law is the body of law that regulates social conduct. It outlaws acts that are seen as threatening or harmful, or that endanger the property, safety or health of others. The punishment for a criminal offense can vary widely based on statutory guidelines and on the defense you’re able to mount against the charges. At Collis, Griffor & Hendra, we can zealously represent you against a variety of charges in state and federal court, including:
- Traffic violations: Speeding, reckless driving, commercial driver’s license (CDL) violations and more.
- Driver’s license restoration: Driving is a privilege, not a right. If your driver’s license has been suspended or revoked, we may be able to help you regain your privileges.
- Misdemeanors: Defined as a lesser criminal act, misdemeanors are generally punished less severely than felonies. Punishments can range from fines to less than a year in jail.
- Felonies: A serious crime, felonies are crimes that are punishable by the maximum including imprisonment for over one year to death for the most severe.
- Drunk driving offenses: There are many different drunk driving offenses, including OWI, OUI, and DWI. Each comes with different penalties and punishments depending on the situation.
- Expungement: In Michigan, a person can have one felony or misdemeanor conviction set aside if certain conditions are met.
Our experienced criminal defense attorneys can also provide you strong legal representation for other matters, including charges of:
- Domestic Violence
Contact a Washtenaw County Criminal Defense Team
If you have been charged with a crime in Washtenaw County, Michigan, it is critical that you retain the services of an experienced criminal defense attorney who can help you protect your future. Being convicted of a crime can have a massive impact on every aspect of your livelihood. When your future is at stake, experience counts. If you are looking for an experienced criminal or traffic ticket defense lawyer in Ypsilanti or throughout Washtenaw County, contact Collis, Griffor & Hendra today to schedule a consultation.