When the well-being of you and your loved ones is at stake, you need experienced legal support from local attorneys who truly care about your future. Our No. 1 goal is taking care of you and your family and providing guidance and counsel that will help you move into the future with confidence and peace of mind.
Our dedicated legal team will help you make the best of an often emotional situation and plan for the rest of your life. One of our lead attorneys not only holds an MBA, giving you an edge in the financial aspects of your case, but also her psychology background makes her the perfect choice to advocate for your children.
We Have Over 30 Years’ Experience Helping Families
Our family law attorneys can help you resolve emotional, complex family law issues that demand strict attention and thoughtful resolutions. From negotiation to trial, our lawyers can help with a variety of family law concerns, including:
- Divorce — In Michigan, fault is not required for divorce. However, it can affect almost all aspects of dividing property. Both amicable and contentious divorces alike can be complex, difficult and emotionally draining.
- Custody and parenting time — Child custody and parenting time issues — including those that involve move-away cases — often require court intervention. From different custody types to co-parenting arrangements, Michigan has specific laws that affect you and your family.
- Child support — Child support is based on a number of factors, including both the custodial and noncustodial parents’ income and the needs of the children. In Michigan, there is a formula to help determine the amount of support that will be required.
- Spousal support — Spousal support was formally known as alimony. In Michigan, the amount of spousal support depends on a number of factors and is considered separate from the property settlement.
Why Choose Us To Handle Your Divorce Or Custody Matter?
Clients tell us there are many reasons they are glad they entrusted us to handle their family law matter: exceptional customer service, sound counsel, excellent communication. Additionally, we also offer:
- Personal attention to your situation, your needs and your reality
- Experience and training in finance and child psychology
- A free in-person consultation to talk about how we can best help you
Contact Our Michigan Legal Team
Collis & Griffor PC is here to help you navigate your important family law issues. Call us today at 734-827-1337, or contact us online to set up an appointment for a free consultation. We advise and represent clients in Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti and throughout southern Michigan.